Monday 20 June 2011

I'm seeing spots!

So you know how I say I'm going to do something and then get sidetracked… well, kind of happened again, I say kind of, what I mean is it did happen again.

After going out for a run this morning I felt inspired to cut a quilt made of circles – a moment of inspiration or perhaps lack of oxygen after trying to sprint the last 250m who knows – but instead of cutting my baby boy puffball as I said I would I decided to cut out rainbow circles…


I felt like I had landed on a twister board but I really like where this quilt is going, although they are just thrown on the floor at the minute – piecing it together will take me hours as ever!

They were pretty easy to cut out. I cut squares which I folded into quarters and then used a cd box that I had marked a quarter of the circle on, put the fabric under the guides… and cut!




Voila – easier I thought than cutting around the whole circle, and it definitely was, I cut out three of each fabric in a relatively short amount of time.

I now need to order the cream fabric so that I can cut the squares for my circles to be sewn on.

…now what can I get sidetracked on tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading – I would love to hear your comments.